HE ASC Mentor
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies (CICT) is a forward thinking centre of learning, home to the very best technology, studios, equipment and industry-connected tutors. Now in our 25th year, we provide a vibrant and professional learning environment for over 2000 passionate and committed students studying for careers in the creative industries. In 2015 the Confetti Media Group was acquired by Nottingham Trent University, increasing the opportunities for growth and success over the coming years. We have recently undergone an exciting campus transformation, part of a £12m development programme.
Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Higher Education Additional Learning Support Tutor (ASC Mentor) to join our Additional Learning Support team, on a flexible fixed-term contract, on a 0.5 FTE basis. The successful candidates will be responsible for providing mentor support for students with Autism across our HE provision, in line with the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) standards for non-medical helpers (NMH).
Main duties include:
- Develop and deliver 1:1 support sessions (mentoring) and create resources to accompany these as required
- Support HE students to develop strategies for study by identifying their individual learning needs
- Support curriculum teams to develop an inclusive curriculum
- Use needs assessments to make anticipatory adjustments for students
- Liaise with internal and external assessment providers and CICT Student Services Team as required
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of supporting students with Autism, under the DSA-NMW framework
- ASC mentor qualifications in line with the DSA mandatory criteria
- Qualified to degree level
- Proficient across Microsoft Office
- An appropriate teaching qualification e.g. PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be flexible and adaptable within their role, and possess the ability to maintain accurate records, both paper-based and electronically. We are looking for someone who is able to motivate others, and be able to build a rapport with people, with an empathetic and non-judgemental approach.
With CICT having just celebrated its 25th anniversary of delivering education for the creative industries, there hasn’t been a better time to join CMG.
In return you will receive:
- a generous holiday allowance, starting at 28 days per year, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure,
- travel discounts including East Midlands Railway, Trent Barton, NCT and NET
- access to our Healthcare Cash Plan scheme
- enrolment into a contributory pension scheme after 3 month’s service
Confetti is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
CMG consists of Spool, our post-production, film and TV company, our live event venue, Metronome, our creative business centre, Antenna and our furniture design and installation company, Constellations. We are a key partner in Nottingham’s TV channel Notts TV and are at the forefront of developments within the Creative Quarter.
For further information, please download the job profile document below. To apply, please click “Apply for this job” below to access the online application form.
Applications must be submitted by 10am on Friday 14th August 2020.
Please note, this role is term time only.
If you are interested in working for us but this position isn’t quite right for you, please register your details on our jobs board and we will let you know when a more suitable opportunity arises.