Live Lighting Engineer
Live Lighting Engineer
Confetti Media Group
£21,900 – £26,270 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
Nottingham – NG1
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Live Lighting Engineer to join the production team at Metronome. We expect the applicant to have previous experience in this role. The candidate will be reporting to the technical manager of the venue. In addition to the practical application of light and video equipment in the venue, the candidate may be asked to help with a wide variety of live production equipment alongside day to day tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working alongside the Venue Technical manager and production manager to support events across CMG venues
- Working alongside clients to develop exciting stage designs through the use of light, video and pyrotechnics
- Provide exceptional technical support before, during and after events
- Maintaining of all live events equipment within CMG
Personal qualities and behaviours:
- Willingness to take instruction
- A drive and determination to get projects and events completed within the time given
- An ability to adapt to change
- Punctuality, reliability and personal responsibility
- Self-motivated and a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Experience and skills:
- Must have full clean UK drivers licence
- 1 year minimum of working in a similar role for Production Company or Venue
- Working knowledge of Grand MA 2 and Avolites consoles
- Experience of lighting design for a wide variety of live events.
- Industry qualification of working at height; PASMA or IPAF
- You will require flexibility and willing to work unsociable hours.
- Excellent fault finding skills
Experience and skills desirable:
- Advanced programming to timecode
- Network and IT Skills
- Audio and Video knowledge
- Previous experience with working alongside education.
Things to consider
- You should live within a reasonable distance of the workplace
- Applicants must be based in and eligible to work in the UK
- Successful candidates will undergo an enhanced DBS check to work alongside education teams
Applications must be submitted by 10am on Tuesday 27th August 2019.
About the organisation
Acquired by Nottingham Trent University in 2015, Confetti Media Group (CMG) is a group of companies committed to developing and promoting creativity. Being part of the NTU Family has provided increased opportunities for growth and success. Including DMH our new centre for digital media and Metronome our world class music and events hub. These assets represent the culmination of an ongoing multimillion campus redevelopment, providing our students, staff and guests with access to industry standard equipment and facilities.
Metronome is Nottingham’s newest music and arts venue in the heart of the creative quarter. Metronome is the new Contemporary music hub focused on music production, performance and technical events. Metronome Venue is a large section of the development boasting an L’Acoustics install sound system, Digico and Allen and Heath Digital consoles, Grand MA 2 Full size and various lighting fixtures from ETC, Robe, Clay Paky and Martin.
The technical department are responsible for audio visual technical support across a wide range of disciplines throughout the company and we are expanding. We are looking for dynamic and ambitious candidate to add to our expanding technical team. Our ideal candidate will be technically proficient, have an eye for design, be a problem-solver, and have excellent people skills and a strong and keen interest in the events industry.