Live Sound Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Live Sound Engineer to become part of the production team at Metronome. We expect the applicant to have previous experience in this role. The candidate will be reporting to the technical manager of the venue and work with clients directly. In addition to the practical application of sound both in the venue and elsewhere, the candidate may be asked to help with a wide variety of technical tasks alongside day to day duties.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working alongside the Venue Technical manager and production manager, supporting events across CMG venues
- Providing support for both internal and external client requirements
- Managing and assisting with rigging, de-rigging and the operation of equipment during events
- Maintaining live events equipment within Confetti Media Group
Personal qualities and behaviours:
- Willingness to take instruction
- A drive and determination to get projects and events completed within the time given
- An ability to adapt to change
- Punctuality, reliability and personal responsibility
- Self-motivated and a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Experience and skills:
- Must have full clean UK drivers licence
- 1 year minimum of working in a similar role for production company or venue
- Working knowledge of Digico Consoles
- Industry qualification of working at height; PASMA or IPAF
- You will require flexibility and willing to work unsociable hours.
- Excellent fault finding skills
Experience and skills desirable:
- L’Acoustic System Fundamentals
- Network and IT Skills
- Some video and lighting Knowledge
- Dante qualification
Things to consider:
- You should live within a reasonable distance of the workplace
- Applicants must be based in and eligible to work in the UK
- Successful candidates will undergo an enhanced DBS check to work alongside education teams
Applications must be submitted by 10am on Tuesday 27th August 2019.
About the organisation:
Acquired by Nottingham Trent University in 2015, Confetti Media Group (CMG) is a group of companies committed to developing and promoting creativity. Being part of the NTU Family has provided increased opportunities for growth and success. Including DMH our new centre for digital media and Metronome our world class music and events hub. These assets represent the culmination of an ongoing multimillion campus redevelopment, providing our students, staff and guests with access to industry standard equipment and facilities.
Metronome is Nottingham’s newest music and arts venue in the heart of the creative quarter. Metronome is the new Contemporary music hub focused on music production, performance and technical events. Metronome Venue is a large section of the development boasting an L’Acoustics install sound system, Digico and Allen and Heath Digital consoles, Grand MA 2 Full size and various lighting fixtures from ETC, Robe, Clay Paky and Martin.
The technical department are responsible for audio visual technical support across a wide range of disciplines throughout the company and we are expanding. We are looking for dynamic and ambitious candidate to add to our expanding technical team. Our ideal candidate will be technically proficient, have an eye for design, be a problem-solver, and have excellent people skills and a strong and keen interest in the events industry.