Student Services Administrator
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies (CICT) is a forward thinking centre of learning, home to the very best technology, studios, equipment and industry-connected tutors. Now in our 25th year, we provide a vibrant and professional learning environment for over 2000 passionate and committed students studying for careers in the creative industries. In 2015 the Confetti Media Group was acquired by Nottingham Trent University, increasing the opportunities for growth and success over the coming years. We have recently undergone an exciting campus transformation, part of a £12m development programme.
Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting new position for a Student Services Administrator to join our busy Student Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing first line support to all students, signposting to specialists within Student Services as required, and also undertaking an array of general administrative duties.
- Providing a professional and understanding point of contact for students
- Supporting the IAG Officer with application processing and other enquiries
- Data inputting on to the Filemaker database
- Supporting the Safeguarding team to update the Safeguarding system where needed
- Answering the telephone, responding to queries and forwarding messages to the relevant person
- Oversee the IT monitoring system, flagging any breaches to the relevant departments
- Monitoring data and producing regular reports
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Recent and relevant administration experience within a similar role
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service to young people
- Experience of giving advice and guidance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when appropriate
- Fast and accurate data entry abilities
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
We are looking for someone with excellent attention to detail, who thrives under pressure and can demonstrate the ability to motivate and build rapport with people, whilst taking an empathetic and non-judgemental approach.
With CICT having just celebrated its 25th anniversary of delivering education for the creative industries, there hasn’t been a better time to join CMG.
In return you will receive:
- a generous holiday allowance, starting at 28 days per year, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure,
- travel discounts including East Midlands Railway, Trent Barton, NCT and NET
- access to our Healthcare Cash Plan scheme
- enrolment into a contributory pension scheme after 3 month’s service
Confetti is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
CMG consists of Spool, our post-production, film and TV company, our live event venue, Metronome, our creative business centre, Antenna and our furniture design and installation company, Constellations. We are a key partner in Nottingham’s TV channel Notts TV and are at the forefront of developments within the Creative Quarter.
For further information, please download the job profile document below. To apply, please click “Apply for this job” below to access the online application form.
Applications must be submitted by 10:00 on Monday 23rd March 2020.
If you are interested in working for us but this position isn’t quite right for you, please register your details on our jobs board and we will let you know when a more suitable opportunity arises.