Visual Effects Tutor
We are after passionate, gifted and creative educators to join our rapidly expanding team to help deliver our FE and HE provisions.
We are currently looking for tutors with expertise within the field of Visual Effects to deliver lessons in a range of areas. You will have industry related skills and knowledge in some or all of the following:
- Contemporary Visual Effects techniques including compositing, matte painting and animation
- Experience in 3D asset creation for characters, vehicles and environments using software such as Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Houdini, Nuke, Mari and Z-brush
- Understanding and experience of using 3D animation techniques and Maya
- Understanding of historical and contemporary Visual Effects workflow and techniques.
From planning lessons and preparing resources for designated programmes and modules to delivering enriching sessions and activities, and supporting students through group and individual tutorials, our tutors are at the heart of the student experience.
It’s essential that you are conversant with current professional practices within your field of expertise. You will have experience of teaching at further and/or higher education. You will also be educated to degree level and hold a recognised teaching qualification (or be willing to work towards one). If you have the attitude and desire to work in varied, dynamic environment and believe in an industry shaping vocational provision then we can guarantee you will play a key role in our success.
In return you will receive:
- a generous holiday allowance, starting at 28 days per year, plus bank holidays and Christmas closure,
- travel discounts including East Midlands Railway, Trent Barton, NCT and NET
- access to our Healthcare Cash Plan scheme
- enrolment into a contributory pension scheme after 3 month’s service
Confetti is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you are interested in working for us but this position isn’t quite right for you, please register your details on our jobs board and we will let you know when a more suitable opportunity arises.
Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies (CICT) is a forward thinking centre of learning, home to the very best technology, studios, equipment and industry-connected tutors. Now in our 25th year, we provide a vibrant and professional learning environment for over 2000 passionate and committed students studying for careers in the creative industries.
Confetti Media Group, owned by Nottingham Trent University, consists of the Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies, a further and higher education institute for specialist creative industry subjects and home to the very best technology, studios and industry-connected tutors; Spool, our post-production, film and TV company, our live performance venue, Metronome, our creative business centre, Antenna and our furniture design and installation company, Constellations. We are a key partner in Nottingham’s TV channel Notts TV and are at the forefront of developments within the Creative Quarter.
For further information, please download the job profile document below. To apply, please click “Apply for this job” below to access the online application form.
Applications must be submitted by 10 am on Friday 7th August 2020.